* Will function as a Senior level Software Developer within the Application Development division of TEKsystems
* Analyze and understand user and computer systems requirements as well as design solutions and write specifications for computer programs
* Participate to any software development lifecycle activity; estimating, planning, designing, coding, documenting and testing of software applications
* Provide technical mentorship to project team members, for example participating to code review
* Work closely with the Team lead or any other person in charge of the team
* Responsible for the Analysis of software applications and computer systems
* Assist in analyzing, designing and developing new software applications including coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs in support of the Software Development Life Cycle
7+ years of experience in Object Oriented analysis, design, development and integration of software products in a company recognized for software development capability
5+ years development experience with Java (j2EE, Hibernate, Spring, etc
Experience using software best practices like test driven development (TDD) and continuous integration.
Experience working with Agile methods and iterative development, such as Extreme Programming (XP pair programming, SCRUM.
Solid experience with design patterns, refactoring and unit testing and object oriented analysis/design.
Familiarity with relational databases, preferably Oracle or SQL Server
Excellent communication skills - must be strong enough for customer facing situations
Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully complete of deliverables.
* strong leadership skills; dealing with client and third party vendor, experience as a scrum master.
* Excellent communication capability in both English and French, both spoken and written
* Proactive attitude, ability to mentor junior teammates
* Analytical, thorough, resourceful and concerned about details while not getting caught in details
* Customer service-focused,
* Strong ability to work in an open and collaborative team environment,
* Hardworking, flexible,
* Willing to travel
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
* 7+ years experience in IT/Software Development
* Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
Candidate must understand business processes, be a detailed-oriented person and quickly grasp new concepts. Additionally the candidate will have strong presentation, interpersonal, software development and work management skills.
* Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
* Must hold a valid Visa for travel to the USA or a valid Passport.
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America's premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
TEKsystems is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.