ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the architecture of a software solution to be implemented by a development team of which the architect is a member.
* Responsible for designing, documenting, and implementing the components, software, and layers required for complex software implementations based on requirements and design specifications.
* Works with the software development team to estimate, plan, design, and deliver software.
* Mentors and coaches other team members in design, coding, and software engineering practices.
* Understands the architectural direction and standards of the organization and helps to ensure that the team adheres to them appropriately.
* Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering to delivery.
* Leads the initial architecture elaboration effort at the beginning of the project and supports the initial requirements collection effort (particularly when it comes to understanding and evolving the non-functional requirements for the solution
* Guides evolution of the architecture throughout the construction of the software.
* As a member of the Enterprise Architecture Group, supports the Application Development Practice in establishing, promoting, and governing the standards and practices used across software development projects.
* Participates in pre-sales activities, including development of proposed architecture and estimation of work effort.
* 10+ years of software development experience.
* 5+ years of development experience in .NET.
* 2+ years of experience as an Architect.
* Experience working with an Agile methodology and iterative development.
* Experience with practices such as unit testing, static analysis, and build automation.
* Experience in mentoring and coaching employees.
* Good communication skills.
* Good leadership skills.
* Must be able to still code.
* Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience, and the ability to carefully walk a user through problem resolution steps either remotely or in person.
* "Embrace the Unknown" ability - be able to research and self-learn new concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the technical team.
* Expert in handling incidents/change requests ranging from at all levels of complexities with the instinctive ability to identify when to escalate an issue to the next level of support.
* Ability to prioritize/assign tasks, for themselves and/or more junior team members, in the most effective manner in order to deliver solutions in a timely manner of high quality.
* Ability to effectively document/design complex software design approaches and suggests alternative solutions.
* Ability to mentor junior team members effectively.
* Ability to report team metrics of tasks assigned/completed (when applicable
* Proactive attitude.
* Very good inter-people skills to effectively interface with customers.
* Team player and ability to work individually.
* Very strong communication skills in both English and French, both spoken and written.
* Able to work in a diversified environment.
* Fast learner.
* 10+ years experience in Software Development
* Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America's premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
TEKsystems is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Career Level: Experienced
Education: High School Diploma
Industry: Computer Hardware and Networking
Job Function: Technology and Digital Media