With over 40 Hotels, Resorts, Inns and Suites from British Columbia to Quebec, and several more properties under development, Sandman is Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company. The Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive benefits program, and we're always on the lookout for motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team of dedicated hospitality professionals. If you're interested in working in the high-energy environment of Canada's hospitality industry, apply today.
We have immediate openings Nationwide for our Manager in Training program. Do you wish to become a General Manager in our hotel chain? Are you looking to upgrade your existing hotel skills? Successful candidates in this program are fast tracked to become a General Manager with the Sandman Hotel Group.
You will learn to:
- Supervise & Direct all operational aspects of the Hotel.
- Achieve Revenue & Sales goals.
- Direct the focus of the Sales Department.
- Implementing the approved budget and monitoring revenues and costs on a daily basis, and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Controlling costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting,
budgeting, scheduling & payroll control.
- Meeting high levels of service by assisting the employees to provide
superior Guest service.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism in appearance, conduct, ethics and image. Assists associates in gaining the same high level of professionalism.
Do you have the following?
- Minimum of 2 years Hotel Management experience, or 1-2 years Sales or Rooms Division Manager experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management would be an asset.
- Food and Beverage Management experience would be an asset.
- 'Hands-on' Management style.
- Exceptional Leadership skills.
- Commitment to exceeding Guest expectations.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint and Hotel PMS's.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities for self and others in the hotel.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals.
Must be willing to relocate and travel
Compensation: To be negotiated - dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, no phone calls please.