Career Opportunities: Programmer Analyst, Applications (58317)
Req ID 58317 - Posted 10/17/2014 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (1) - Job City (1) - Information Technology - Bell Corporate
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 134 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
The Information Technology team develops and maintains Bell's internal systems and applications while also developing integrated technology solutions for customers across all lines of business.
The team manages Bell's IT Infrastructure and the service availability of over 700 applications, including mission critical billing and service systems. The IT delivery teams drive the IT Work Program with over 60% of IT capital invested in initiatives that support business unit priorities and Bell's strategic imperatives.
* Meet with customers to identify their needs
* Work with the team to establish proposals/solutions
* Use the best practices to develop/integrate solutions
* Ensure the solution meets the customer's needs
* Develop solutions
* Provide functional support on assigned solutions
* Draft documentation as per company standards
* Plan, participate in and manage projects, case by case
* Establish/optimize processes and present results and/or proposals
* Liaise with other team members to ensure that solutions are properly incorporated
* Help implement best practices
Critical Qualifications / Competencies
* University/college level and work experience: .NET design
* Minimum of three years' experience in application development
* Good knowledge of SharePoint environments
* Good knowledge of SQL
* Solid project-management skills
* Good VBA knowledge
* Advanced level English and French (spoken/written)
* Good judgement, initiative, autonomy
* Able to prioritize job duties and adhere to deadlines
* Ability to manage stress effectively
* Honesty and professional integrity
* Team player
* Competent in handling XML files
* Knowledge of media/TV: an asset
* Worked with Louise and Cindy software: an asset
* Knowledge of Oracle databases: an asset
* Permanent position in Montréal
* Occasional travel to Toronto
* Competitive insurance and base salary + bonus
BCE:WKP #Feature *LI-SH
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 10/31/2014
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
Job Function: Technology and Digital Media